1299 days smoke free

9 posts, 0 answered
  1. gertie456
    gertie456 avatar
    6 posts
    24 Jul 2018
    24 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi , I never believed I would have the strength to stay smoke free for so long.  I have had temptations along the way, but I like who I am as a non-smoker more than as a smoker.  Being Free from the shackles of tobacco has opened up a very active lifestyle for me.   Thanks for the support.  As one of my friends said to me:  Never quit quitting!!!
  2. smitty
    smitty avatar
    98 posts
    12 Jul 2018
    24 Jul 2018 in reply to gertie456
    Link to this post
    Hey Gertie, congratulations to you on 1300 days, Ive been where you are, I saw year after year go by, for 8 years I stayed smoke free, staying strong in my resolve to live a smokefree life, but there was something seriously wrong with me inside because one day just after staying smokefree for 8 years I made a choice to smoke again, rather then bouncing back and continuing the fight I made a conscience choice to continue smoking, it took me another 2 years to get back here, but I did, I, I am still working on it, but I am happy to report I came back here, defeated, ashamed of living in this habitual sin for so long, if I am going to stay smokefree then I have to start addressing why I started smoking again, I am now going on 3 months without a cigerette, and I feel good about my quit this time, congratulations again
  3. susanm
    susanm avatar
    71 posts
    16 Jul 2018
    24 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Congratulations gertie456!!! I am very new to being smoke free, 5 days, but hearing how people like you can go so long is inspiring. 
  4. gertie456
    gertie456 avatar
    6 posts
    24 Jul 2018
    24 Jul 2018 in reply to smitty
    Link to this post
    Stay strong, and every cigarette not smoked is a big success.
  5. gertie456
    gertie456 avatar
    6 posts
    24 Jul 2018
    24 Jul 2018 in reply to gertie456
    Link to this post
    Thank you, you can get there too.
  6. lillian, quit coach
    lillian, quit coach avatar
    216 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    25 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Everyone,

There is a lot of strength and wisdom in this group here!

Congratulations members!
    Lillian

7. jeyan
    jeyan avatar
    176 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    25 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    congrats gertie456.  I too would have been up there with you, had I not slipped twice in my quit.  Anyhow, I am now 647 days into my third quit in 5 years.  :)  I guess we all need constant reminders about never having another puff, weather an year, 5 years, 10 years....xx years into our quit to stay smoke free.  As I have learned from other wizs on this site that once you're a smoker that memory will stay suppressed in your brain forever, and once you have another puff all of that old memory is restored again, will do it's best to lock you back into that old cycle to quench it's thirst for nicotine.  This is why it's important never to have an other puff ever again!!! Which is also why I keep coming back here to remind me of my nasty past as a smoker!!!
  8. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    25 Jul 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Gertie456,

Way to go!  A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU FOR KEEPING THE QUIT!!!!  You should be so proud of yourself and what you have accomplished.  You are proof positive that we can all quit successfully.  Thanks so much for sharing.
  9. gertie456
    gertie456 avatar
    6 posts
    24 Jul 2018
    26 Jul 2018 in reply to treepeo
    Link to this post
    Thanks Treepo, I continue to get inspiration from others on this site to help me keep the quit.  One day at a time, sometimes ,one minute at a time.  Stay strong!!
9 posts, 0 answered