4 posts, 1 answered
  1. ff
    ff avatar
    1 posts
    22 Apr 2020
    Answered
    22 Apr 2020
    Link to this post
    being on step 1 for 6 weeks, i managed to get past the craving and i was feeling pretty good. Yesterday i moved to step 2 and i feel like the first day on step 1. Any advice? i feel that this is going to happen two more times (step 3 and off the patch) going nuts.. I had to pop some lozenges which i didn't do on step 1 

Thanks!
  2. cec57
    cec57 avatar
    48 posts
    06 Nov 2018
    22 Apr 2020 in reply to ff
    Link to this post
    hi i was on nrt aswell i found that when i lowered my patch i had to use lozenges as well only for the first couple of days then i was fine. however i was told that if you are not ready talk to a pharmacist or doctor. i hope this helps you out.nothing wrong with using gum or lozenges or spray to get by. good luck
    Last modified on 22 Apr 2020 16:49 by cec57
  3. Val H
    Val H avatar
    164 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    22 Apr 2020 in reply to ff
    Link to this post
    Hi ff,
    I used the patch and the gum. The cravings when stepping down the nicotine level of the patch are quite normal. I had to employ my strategies again for coping with the cravings, like distraction, meditation, exercise and deep breathing. I also used the gum and slowly decreased the amount of it that I used. It does pass.
    quitfriend
  4. jenna lee, quit coach
    jenna lee, quit coach avatar
    265 posts
    28 Jun 2018
    23 Apr 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi ff,

I could not add anymore great advice than the ones already given by your supporters here.

Just like they said: this is normal. Use the lozenges is need be, and implement some other craving strategies as-needed. There is no 1 way to quit, so do what you need to do, and no need to rush this.

Best,

Jenna Lee
4 posts, 1 answered