New beginning

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. franny
    franny avatar
    41 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    18 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    I managed to go 14 days without smoking, but have been smoking for the last 4 days.  Today, I want to smoke my last cigarette.  I will use my means and really try and put in the effort.  I really want to be smoke free.  I pray that this quit is the one...
  2. linda, quit coach
    linda, quit coach avatar
    146 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    18 Jan 2018
    Link to this post

Hi franny,

Keep up the good work, you are doing fantastic – staying smoke-free for 14 days is awesome! Your hard work and motivation is so great. Congrats for all your effort and hard work! You can do this again, keep going strong.
  3. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    18 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Franny,

I get where you're coming from.  I found that after my first two weeks, for some reason, I had to reconsider whether or not I really wanted to quit.  I did, but there was still a part of me that was reluctant.  And that was because I had been smoking for so long that it was truly a part of me, and I was scared to lose that.  But I realized that all of those feelings were really driven by my addiction, and that I just had to keep going, no matter what.

It is great that you are going to try again, Franny.  Maybe your previous attempt can help you with this newest attempt.  Remember to drink lots of water and to distract yourself.  And come post here often.  We are all here to help each other.
  4. franny
    franny avatar
    41 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    20 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    I am starting day 3.  I woke up early (didn't sleep well), and am craving a cigarette.  I don't have any and will NOT buy any.  I will go for a walk or call somebody, but hopefully I will stay smoke free.  Have a nice day everyone!
  5. jennifer, quit coach
    jennifer, quit coach avatar
    103 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    20 Jan 2018 in reply to franny
    Link to this post
    Good Morning franny,

Great to see you here sharing how you are doing as you start Day 3. Glad you've shared that you didn't sleep well and are having cravings. It sounds like you've already come up with a plan for today to avoid smoking - going for a walk, calling someone and using positive self-talk " I will not buy any"! All of those strategies are a great way to prepare to meet those cravings head-on!

Know that you can also find support at Smoker's Helpline 1-877-513-5333. We're here for you and are rooting for you!

6. ocean
    ocean avatar
    286 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    21 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    Good Day Franny, I didn't sleep well either, in fits and starts on Day 7.  But we can do it, Nobody said it would be easy!  I can hear your determination so don't let the draggy feeling of withdrawal win.  It does weaken the resolve a bit, but let's just get it over with for once and all.  I was feeling pretty good and confident all week, but it seems more challenging today.  How did you go 2 weeks?
6 posts, 0 answered