My Bucket List for a Successful Outcome

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. eagerquit
    eagerquit avatar
    415 posts
    07 Mar 2018
    11 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    This quitting is hardly easy. The cravings got pretty intense this afternoon but the stakes are too high to give up. Besides the health issues, I have an attractive bucket list for a successful outcome. Thanks for the suggestions briefftree.

Things I will do with the money I save

Photographic expeditions
    Visit out of town family
    New wardrobe
    Adopt a rescue pet
    Tour Quebec City
    Join a conservation group
    Plant a flower garden in the spring
    Cruise around Newfoundland

Eagerquit
  2. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    11 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello Eagerquit,

Your right those moments can be so challenging.  And remembering the stakes as you say is so important!  

Terrific list!  

Have a great week ahead,

Marianne
  3. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    11 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    Hey eagerquit,

I think it's great that you made a bucket list of some of the things you would like to do with the money you save from quitting.  I actually don't know how people can still afford to smoke.  What with taxes and all, it costs a fortune these days.

I used to get cheap cigarettes but even so, the money I saved paid for more than half of my trip to Mexico.  Sweet, eh?
  4. efram, quit coach
    efram, quit coach avatar
    235 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    30 Apr 2019
    Link to this post
    Giving this a bump as I'm curious to see what other people here might do -- or already have done -- with $$ saved by quitting. Keeping those rewards in the forefront of the mind can help to keep us strongly motivated!

Regards,
    Efram
  5. tiny2018
    tiny2018 avatar
    55 posts
    23 Mar 2019
    11 May 2019
    Link to this post
    just saw this post. am new to returning and the cravings are so horrible almost relentless one after the other and was just reading this post and it is the best thing and am going to make one for me right now. will keep looking at it each time a craving hits and I feel like wont make it through. thanks
  6. madeleine, quit coach
    madeleine, quit coach avatar
    33 posts
    12 Sep 2018
    12 May 2019
    Link to this post
    Hello Tiny 2018, 

That is a great strategy and will surely provide motivation to push through those cravings! 

Following up on what Efram shared, what types of things are on everyone's money saving lists! 

Keep up the great work, 

Madeleine 
  7. tiny2018
    tiny2018 avatar
    55 posts
    23 Mar 2019
    08 Sep 2019
    Link to this post
    Thanks this is an awesome tool to use as well when those cravings are super bad and you feel like you are just trying to hang on. i have my rewards all set up but having a bucket list for a successful outcome i never thought of. i am going to make this tonight and will keep one in my wallet for when am out and always one beside my chair at home. when i feel those cravings are gonna win i will just need to look at my bucket list and i know i will see the positives and all the good things that are to come. Am so glad found this post.
7 posts, 0 answered