The first 24 hours

14 posts, 0 answered
  1. juldust65
    juldust65 avatar
    4 posts
    28 Apr 2019
    02 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    This is a hard morning.  I've changed a few things in my morning routine.  Switching to tea from coffee was easy as I love both, but I  miss my coffee in the am. Fed my cats and fish, listened to  music instead of jumping on social media. Headed outside on this cold brisk morning to fill the bird feeders and took a walk. After breakfast without a smoke....ugh!!! That was hard. Deep breathing   Deep breathing    Deep breathing.  I got this!!
  2. lesleyaf
    lesleyaf avatar
    37 posts
    23 Nov 2020
    02 Dec 2020 in reply to juldust65
    Link to this post
    Hi Juldust65 - was yesterday your quit day? My quit date was November 23rd and I'm still finding it really hard.  Not as hard as the first few days but hard nonetheless.  I find that walking really helps when I have a strong craving.  I also find that sucking on sugar free lozenges helps get me through cravings.  
    Good luck to you! We are in this together!
    Lesley
  3. wandam
    wandam avatar
    241 posts
    05 Feb 2019
    02 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi juldust65 & lesleyaf 

Quitting is super hard & the first 3 days & weeks are the toughest to get through but it sounds like u two are doing just that by changing up your routine to do things differently, like deep breathing, walks, tea instead of coffee & sugar free lozenges & telling yourself you got this. Give yourself a pat on the back for all the hard work you both are doing with your quit!
    Last modified on 02 Dec 2020 14:07 by wandam
  4. sarah, quit coach
    sarah, quit coach avatar
    222 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    02 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Congrats juldust65 & lesleyaf on your quits! 
    And thank you for sharing some strategies that are working for you, especially during some of the tricky early days of a quit. 
    Keep up the great work!
    Sarah
  5. treepeo1
    treepeo1 avatar
    255 posts
    06 Feb 2020
    03 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi juldust65,

I love your can do attitude!  That's the spirit!

Yeah, the hardest times for me were after meals.  I struggled horribly each and every time I ate something.  But you know what?  Eventually you will get to the point where you can eat something without triggering a craving.  And that will be a great day. Just take it one step at a time.  You are doing great!
  6. juldust65
    juldust65 avatar
    4 posts
    28 Apr 2019
    03 Dec 2020 in reply to lesleyaf
    Link to this post
    Hi Lesley, yes Dec 1st was my quit day. I know this will get easier, I almost had a cigarette this morning...but I didn't... yay me! I find the Nicorette gum really helps, also sunflower seeds. My coworkers are great with encouraging me. Good luck to you, We got this!!
  7. juldust65
    juldust65 avatar
    4 posts
    28 Apr 2019
    03 Dec 2020 in reply to wandam
    Link to this post
    Thank you Wandam! 🙂
  8. lesleyaf
    lesleyaf avatar
    37 posts
    23 Nov 2020
    05 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi Juldust65,
    How are you holding up? I’m on day twelve and I’m finding today to be extremely difficult. The cravings are so intense. 
    I keep telling myself Not One Puff Ever but boy my willpower is truly being tested today. 
  9. pistachio
    pistachio avatar
    1 posts
    05 Dec 2020
    06 Dec 2020 in reply to sarah, quit coach
    Link to this post
    Where can I find the keywords?  Interested in text support. Thx
  10. wandam
    wandam avatar
    241 posts
    05 Feb 2019
    08 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi juldust65, 

Just checking in on you  to see how you are doing with your quit? Hope you are doing well & maintaining that attitude of yours by continuing to say I got this!
  11. wandam
    wandam avatar
    241 posts
    05 Feb 2019
    08 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi lesleyaf, 

Sorry to hear about your struggle the other day & was just checking in on you to see how you are doing? Despite your tough 12 day of being smoke free you were still maintaining your quit, Good for you! 
  12. emily, quit coach
    emily, quit coach avatar
    247 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    08 Dec 2020 in reply to pistachio
    Link to this post
    Hi Pistachio,

To register for text support you can text iQuit to 123456 or you can manage your settings under the "My Account" menu. 

The key words are Edgy, Craving, Alcohol, Smokers, stress, Motivate, and Slip.

Emily
  13. lesleyaf
    lesleyaf avatar
    37 posts
    23 Nov 2020
    09 Dec 2020 in reply to wandam
    Link to this post
    Hi Wandam. Thanks for checking in! I’m still smoke free! I have good days and bad days but I’m finding I’m having more good than bad days. I can’t believe how much more energy I have since I quit smoking. My breathing has improved ten fold. 
    Thanks again for checking in!
    Lesley
  14. wandam
    wandam avatar
    241 posts
    05 Feb 2019
    09 Dec 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi lesleyaf,

I hear you about the good days & bad days, but glad to hear there is more of the GOOD DAYS happening for you! I can also relate to having more energy & breathing better. Keep up the great job at working your quit! 👍 
14 posts, 0 answered