Quote for today

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    20 Mar 2019
    Link to this post

There is no such thing in anyone’s life as an unimportant day.

Alexander Woollcott

Today just might be the best day to start seriously thinking about quitting smoking…
  2. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    20 Mar 2019
    Link to this post

I don’t like the word ‘failure.’
    In fact, I don’t really understand it. To me, ‘failure’ implies reaching the end of something—like you’ve done all you could and you still came up empty, or that you were attempting something and completely messed up. Or, if you’re using it as a noun, that you are a person who has just utterly f*cked up.
    But when I think of reaching an end, or being empty, or destroying something, I think of new beginnings, not failure.
    When you fail at something, it means you have a fair shot at starting over. Because what else to do you have left? Sure, you can definitely mess something up big time, but you always have a chance to begin again.
    And you can’t really fail when there’s always room to try one more time.
    See, that’s why I don’t agree with the word. Yes, there can definitely be a right and wrong way to do something, or directions to follow that you completely strayed from, or you could try and try and still not get what you want.
    But even if you don’t do something right, even if you messed up somewhere along the way, and even if you don’t get what you want in the end—it doesn’t mean you failed.
    Think, about stand up! for your dreams!

2 posts, 0 answered