Time to quit

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. chrissy2
    chrissy2 avatar
    4 posts
    09 Sep 2018
    13 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    I have decided that it’s time to quit no more excuses.  Tomorrow morning I’m going to put on a patch and go smoke free.  I have the patch and an inhaler.  I do need to go out and get some bottled water.  Cold water is suppose to help so, I’ll have lots on hand.  I have quit several times before and have used a several different methods.  I find that it’s your state of mind that is the most important thing to quitting.  Wish me luck.
  2. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    13 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    Hi chrissy2,

Good for you!  It's great that you have prepared yourself for your quit.

I agree with you.  Motivation is important.  It's also important to believe in yourself.  Remember, you can do this, chrissy2.  Believe in yourself.
  3. renee, quitcoach
    renee, quitcoach avatar
    117 posts
    16 Jul 2018
    14 Jan 2019 in reply to chrissy2
    Link to this post
    Hello Chrissy,

Good for you for making the commitment to quit smoking. You sound very determined and sounds like you have a good list of things you can do to help yourself. Using the nrt patch and inhaler can make your quit easier, and drinking water is always a great idea!

Let us know how your day is going and we are all rooting for you!

Renee
  4. efreeman75
    efreeman75 avatar
    296 posts
    02 Apr 2018
    14 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    Hi Chrissy,

You've made the right decision.  You also sound like you have a strong mindset to make this quit stick.  Products and techniques can help in our success, but ultimately it is our mindset and willpower which will break our addiction.  It is difficult, but it is doable.  And once it is done, it is so worth it!

I wish you all the best for today.
4 posts, 0 answered