13 HOURS AND COUNTING

7 posts, 0 answered
  1. lisa marie 67
    lisa marie 67 avatar
    26 posts
    08 Mar 2020
    10 Mar 2020
    Link to this post
    I knew my time was coming to quit now with the covid-19 out there I took a violent shove into quitting cold turkey so far so good. I found a strange helpful trick on the internet,you take an un lite cigarette and take a few drags and it suppose to help.Anyways I have a teenage daughter 15  who can be sassy to the extream so thats one of my triggers ,its hard to deal with anyones back talk .Anyway I am hanging in there and i also did some exercises just real gentle ones for about hafe hour it was nice to breath clean air
  2. efram, quit coach
    efram, quit coach avatar
    235 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    11 Mar 2020
    Link to this post
    Welcome to our forums, lisa marie 67!

Yes, there are so many great reasons to quit, but COVID-19 sure gives added incentive to quit sooner rather than later! You'll have healthier lungs and a stronger immune system, always a good thing.

I'm glad that you're finding strategies that are working and already seeing benefits (clean air!). 

Please keep us posted on how you're doing; we're here for you.

Regards,
    Efram 
  3. lisa marie 67
    lisa marie 67 avatar
    26 posts
    08 Mar 2020
    13 Mar 2020 in reply to efram, quit coach
    Link to this post
    Hi there efram, still staying strong !!!!!! FOUR days now ,. there was some trying times to say the least but well I am so so so proud of myself as I managed to run from my cravings,I am still smoke free and it feels great !!! I am so grateful to have a place to turn to for support Thank you
  4. nina82
    nina82 avatar
    4 posts
    17 Mar 2020
    17 Mar 2020 in reply to lisa marie 67
    Link to this post
    Nice to see others are thinking about covid-19 and wanting to quit. That’s my reason as well. I’m on day 1 today. Almost 24 hours. So far so good. Tomorrow and 3rd day is where I struggle with 
    most and have a hard time getting through. 
    how are you doing? You must be past the first week now. 
  5. sarah, quit coach
    sarah, quit coach avatar
    222 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    18 Mar 2020
    Link to this post
    Good morning all, and welcome to you both nina82 and lisa marie 67....
    Congrats on making the decision to go smoke-free...we are here for you :) 

Sounds like you've made quit attempts in the past, nina82 - what do you find most challenging in the first few days of your quit?

And a sincere WAY TO GO lisa marie 67 managing a quit, AND a sassy teen who is home all day due to school closures! 

Keep it up and we are cheering you on
    Sarah
  6. nina82
    nina82 avatar
    4 posts
    17 Mar 2020
    19 Mar 2020 in reply to sarah, quit coach
    Link to this post
    Hi Sarah, yeah you’re right about that! I’ve had many attempts to quit, and the hurdle is the high anxiety and head spins for me (others call it dizziness, mine seem insane) I’ve read that the dizziness is a sign of more oxygen entering the brain, and the brain not being able to deal with it temporarily. Second to the anxiety, I feel somewhat bed ridden. Today is day 3, and it’s the first day I have really left the couch.  I definitely have more energy, but concentration and focus is off, and I’m irritated easily. By my teens also. Lol 
  7. sarah, quit coach
    sarah, quit coach avatar
    222 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    20 Mar 2020
    Link to this post
    Hi there nina82 - and happy Friday! 

Dizziness, irritability, loss of concentration, and increased nervousness/anxiety are all pretty common withdrawal symptoms. Frustrating for sure, esp if you are feeling bed/couch ridden. Day 3 is often the 'peak' of these types of symptoms, so the fact that you up & standing and managing is a kudos to you! The good news about hitting the 'peak' is that hopefully that means past today, things will get better....time seems to help alot with these symptoms. Keep strategizing around those symptoms, nina82 - whatever distraction you need to do (that includes reaching out to a health care professional for mental health support if needed), you can do it!

We are here for you! 
    Have a great weekend ahead (supposed to be very spring like weather today :) ) 
    Sarah

7 posts, 0 answered