Day 7 advice

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. gambit1981
    gambit1981 avatar
    2 posts
    24 Sep 2019
    30 Sep 2019
    Link to this post
        Hi All - was wondering if I should use the patch today to give me some relief on the cravings.  This is mentally draining and need a break.  

Thanks
  2. atp
    atp avatar
    501 posts
    31 Dec 2018
    30 Sep 2019 in reply to gambit1981
    Link to this post
    Gambit,

Congrats on 7 days without a smoke. That is a huge milestone. 

My advice is use whatever will help you keep your quit. 

I did cold turkey and relied on a lot of Nibs, excel gum and ketchup flavoured potato chips, and drinking lots of water. Others here use patch and mist, some use tea or meditation, etc. 

Yes the first few weeks are very draining - both physically and mentally. I remember being in bed at 8:00pm for the first 3 weeks. I was tired, plus while sleeping I didn't have cravings.
  3. gambit1981
    gambit1981 avatar
    2 posts
    24 Sep 2019
    30 Sep 2019 in reply to atp
    Link to this post
    Thanks ATP.!! I have been sleeping early so I don't think about it.  I got through today without the patch but if it gets tough i might use one tomorrow.

Thanks

4. justfortoday
    justfortoday avatar
    168 posts
    12 Aug 2019
    30 Sep 2019 in reply to gambit1981
    Link to this post
    Hi gambit1982,
    Amazing progress! I know exactly how draining this stage of the journey is ... I feel for you and atp is right; different people require different tools.

Like atp, I tried cold turkey but I slipped after six days. I decided I would use the patch and have 4 weeks (tomorrow), behind me without smoking.

I'm not going to say that a patch makes it easier ... it's just an aid and I still have to show up everyday and "work" my quit. But I'm able to do it better.

Coming here and reaching out, changing my behaviour, being mindful, the Patch ... I say, whatever works!

I hope you have as gentle a night as possible, gambit1981.

And you too atp :)
4 posts, 0 answered