And Im Back!

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. smelanie
    smelanie avatar
    1 posts
    22 Jan 2019
    22 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    I’m back after a long time. Looking to quit again but for good this time. I have had a lot of trouble getting motivated and actually starting. All sorts of plans but no action. Well today I decided I would rejoin this community and cut out 1 smoke every day this week. Thats a start I guess. I have all the reasons and all the plans/ideas and access to tools. But just struggling to get the ball rolling. 
  2. nadia b, quit coach
    nadia b, quit coach avatar
    47 posts
    18 Jan 2019
    22 Jan 2019 in reply to smelanie
    Link to this post
    Hi smeline! We are so happy to have you back in our community and willing to share your new quit journey with us.  You have already completed so many important steps make changes – slow and steady wins the race. Reducing is a great first step! You are slowly decreasing your harm and preparing  your body for those changes.

If you have plans and ideas for your quit, please feel free to share with us.  Think about what has worked for you in the past, what will you keep and maybe what you will change this time.

nadia b.
    Last modified on 23 Jan 2019 10:12 by nadia b, quit coach
  3. eagerquit
    eagerquit avatar
    415 posts
    07 Mar 2018
    22 Jan 2019 in reply to nadia b, quit coach
    Link to this post
    Hi smelanie,

Welcome back to the Smokers Helpline. Cutting down one cigarette a day is a very good start. Having a solid quit plan as you do is very important. When I procrastinate on something, I bring to mind the Nike logo "Just do it" and put one foot in front of the other towards my goal.

I hope you will continue posting as you travel this journey back to a healthy, happy lifestyle.

Eagerquit
  4. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    22 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    Hi smelanie,

Welcome back!  It's great that you have a plan for reducing your intake for the next week.

You might find it helpful to set a firm quit date.  If you do that, you don't have to think about it.  It will take your options away, options that seem to hang you up.  You will know that on X date, you will quit.  Period.  Give it a try.  It may make all the difference in how you handle your quit.

And remember, you are stronger than your addiction.  Believe in yourself.
  5. smobered up
    smobered up avatar
    6 posts
    28 Jan 2019
    28 Jan 2019 in reply to smelanie
    Link to this post
    Hi smelanie!   I'm back too!  I haven't slipped in over a year but I'm feeling the burn.....bad burn....craves. (eewwww)  So, I'm back to get inspired.  I MUST keep my smobriety this time.  It's been 12 consecutive months with no cheats or slips.  For me......a miracle and I want to keep it so. 
    See you along the way.  Stay strong and focussed. 

Your quitter pal for however long it takes,
    Smobered Up. 
  6. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    28 Jan 2019
    Link to this post
    Hello smelanie and smobered up,

So wonderful to hear from you again!  Being in the community where you will get uplifted and encouraged for all the steps you take is the place to be.  

Let us know if there is anything you want to talk about that would be helpful to begin and keep the quit.  

You have what it takes and we look forward to hearing more from you.  

Keep positive!  

Marianne

6 posts, 0 answered