My name is Bob. It really is. This is day 4

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. bobtoronto
    bobtoronto avatar
    3 posts
    25 Jan 2018
    01 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    I just wanted to check in and introduce myself. I may find myself using this forum more often if things get tough. As I said in the title, this is indeed my fourth day of not smoking. It's early days but I consider it something of a milestone. In recent memory, the last 20 years or so, I've never made it to the end of two days.

I'm feeling more confident this time. I seem to be coping weirdly well. It's not easy but it's a lot easier than I feared and I'm not nearly as anxious as other times I've tried to quit. The weekend's coming though and I'm a little afraid of all that unstructured time. At least durning the work week there's a lot to do during the day and the evening goes by relatively quickly. If I can get through Saturday and Sunday, that will be a full week and that will feel amazing.

I'm grateful for all the help available here and I will certainly check back from time to time especially if I find I've hit some rough days.

Bob

2. cheryl5000
    cheryl5000 avatar
    2 posts
    02 Feb 2018
    01 Feb 2018 in reply to bobtoronto
    Link to this post
    Hang in there, Bob!  First, big congrats on getting to day 4!  As to the weekend, I just keep busy doing things I like to do.  Exercise is helpful or just whatever hobby you can really dive in to.  Last time I quit several years ago and it lasted 6 months.  So I had a lapse.  My mistake was thinking it's all over, I'm a smoker again and then carrying on as such.  I've learned that lapses happen and if they do, analyze it and try to avoid it happening again but don't beat yourself up over it and more importantly, don't do what I did and go back to being a smoker.  Every hour you don't smoke is a victory and you're truly winning, Bob!  Best wishes.
  3. dedi
    dedi avatar
    49 posts
    29 Jan 2018
    01 Feb 2018 in reply to bobtoronto
    Link to this post
    Hi Bob, welcome with us, and like sheryl5000 said yes every hours without smoke it a victory....
  4. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    01 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Bob,

Congratulations on your 4 days!  Way to go!  Glad to hear that so far, it has been fairly manageable for you.

On the weekend, maybe try to be a bit more productive than you usually are.  Focus hard on the tasks you have to get done.  Make an extra trip out to the grocery store.  Have shows to watch on TV, books to read, computer games to play.  Whatever will keep you distracted.  I find that the weekends fly by in any event, so you should be fine.  Just remember to stick to NOPE - not one puff ever, and you will be fine.
  5. bobtoronto
    bobtoronto avatar
    3 posts
    25 Jan 2018
    02 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    I wanted to post a reply to everyone who left a comment. I hope this is how you do it. A lot of very helpful words here. Last night was frankly rough. Irritable, difficulty concentrating on anything. So it was good to read all the thoughtful posts I found here this morning. Thanks so much. I will let you know how the weekend goes. Already planning things to do.
  6. nadia, quit coach
    nadia, quit coach avatar
    51 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    02 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Bob,

Congratulations on making it to Day 4, kudos to you for getting past day 2.
    I understand last night was difficult, irritability and difficulty concentrating are normal withdrawal symptoms,you should start feeling better in the coming days. 
    Keep up the good work and let us know how you are doing.

We are all rooting for you!
    Have a good week-end everyone
    Last modified on 02 Feb 2018 14:38 by nadia, quit coach
6 posts, 0 answered