Losing my mind...

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. rhonda louise
    rhonda louise avatar
    6 posts
    13 Apr 2018
    16 Apr 2018
    Link to this post

Today has taken me past the one week mark, of not smoking... I am struggling with my mind more so than my body... I have to keep reminding myself of that horrific night, plus all the teeth I have had pulled , due to gum disease from smoking. I am literally fighting with myself.  I am trying to keep busy, I even cleaned out my side of the closet and all the drawers to feel like a fresh start.  I always keep hubby's side clean, why didn't I care enough about myself to do the same, until today?  I have also been having crazy dreams, even though I have gone cold turkey..

I am going to go down stairs to my workout room, that I haven't seen for weeks, and try doing yoga to calm your nerves... (youtube) ... Please feel free  to give any advise you may have to help me get through this nightmare...

Last modified on 16 Apr 2018 12:02 by rhonda louise
  2. sarah, quit coach
    sarah, quit coach avatar
    222 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    16 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    hello Rhonda louise - you are doing such a great job! I am so sorry to hear you are struggling with a difficult week, but you are really taking it step by step and finding distractions to keep you on track. Much of what you are describing are common for withdrawal, including disrupted sleep. Organizing your home and yoga sounds like some great ideas to get through those intense symptoms!
    We often times recommend deep breathing - its effective in delaying a craving, while slowing down the breath, and managing anxieties of the quit.
    Please know you can also give us a ring on our quitline, if you want to talk: 1-877-513-5333.
    Finally, I will leave you with this awesome stat: people who quit for 7 days, are nine times (!!) more likely to stay quit!
    All the best to you, Rhonda Louise,

Sarah
  3. ocean
    ocean avatar
    286 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    16 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    Congratulations on 1 week, Rhonda!  That's amazing!  I find reading a really good book helps.  If you're doing something you love with a passion, you'll forget that you aren't smoking for a bit.  My concentration hit a low during my 2nd week, but it came back.  It's so frustrating, I know.
3 posts, 0 answered