my 3 wk mark

8 posts, 0 answered
  1. Glendagin
    Glendagin avatar
    19 posts
    19 Aug 2018
    11 Sep 2018
    Link to this post
    3 week mark: when I get cravings I keep telling myself, I can't afford it, I feel so unhealthy, it makes my apartment and me stink.  Also there are only about 5 cigarettes maybe 6 out  of the pack that I really enjoyed, the rest were just habit.  That's not good enough reason to be a smoker, these cravings will lessen and I will be so proud of myself!
  2. lillian, quit coach
    lillian, quit coach avatar
    216 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    11 Sep 2018 in reply to Glendagin
    Link to this post
    Hey Glendagin,

Smoking just doesn't make sense for you and so I hope you are feeling proud right here and now for 3 weeks! You've beat another craving.

You can do it,
    Lillian
  3. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    11 Sep 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi glendagin,

Congratulations on three weeks smoke free!  Way to go!

I love hearing about your self-talk.  It is really helpful to keep telling yourself why you want to quit, all the bad things about smoking, and all the benefits of quitting.  I did that, too, over and over.  It helped me through many a craving.  Because deep down, we know we are fighting for a greater good.  We know that there is nothing good about smoking, and that our lives will be so much better if we break free from this nasty addiction.

Keep pumping yourself up, glendagin.  And remember to reward yourself for making it this far.  You have worked really hard to get to this point and you deserve a treat!
  4. eagerquit
    eagerquit avatar
    415 posts
    07 Mar 2018
    12 Sep 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Glendagin,

Congratulations on 3 weeks smoke free! Write that post on two pieces of paper. Keep one in your pocket and another on the fridge. It is a great reminder of where you come from and the reward of being proud of yourself.

Eagerquit
  5. Glendagin
    Glendagin avatar
    19 posts
    19 Aug 2018
    12 Sep 2018 in reply to lillian, quit coach
    Link to this post
    thank you so much, it is so difficult, whoa, I made it this far and I am proud of myself today, thx, again
  6. Glendagin
    Glendagin avatar
    19 posts
    19 Aug 2018
    12 Sep 2018 in reply to treepeo
    Link to this post
    soooo grateful for the encouragement. Thx, Glendagin
    Last modified on 12 Sep 2018 18:00 by Glendagin
  7. Glendagin
    Glendagin avatar
    19 posts
    19 Aug 2018
    12 Sep 2018 in reply to eagerquit
    Link to this post
    Thank you, for sure,  I have these little sticky note things with stuff written on them, it is helping me. Onward to 3 months, for sure!!!
  8. alexjw
    alexjw avatar
    29 posts
    15 Sep 2018
    18 Sep 2018 in reply to Glendagin
    Link to this post
    wow congratulations I am on day 11 and I feel like I am losing my mind I actually feel sick so I have to believe I will get better and get through this ...I quit months ago and went back and this time I am determined but its hard. You should be so proud of yourself !!! Keep it up and you will have accomplished something so important for your health and well being 
8 posts, 0 answered