One Month smoke free

3 posts, 0 answered
  1. patricianneahr
    patricianneahr avatar
    4 posts
    12 Oct 2018
    07 Nov 2018
    Link to this post
    SO, today I am one month smoke free, and I feel fantastic, I still get a craving especially when I am stressed, that is my crutch stress, so my younger daughter said to me "Mom, why don't you pretend you are smoking a cigarette when you get stressed" well, I did and it worked LOL. So I just wanted to put this out there that anyone that is having a hard time, it's ok, this is my seventh time quitting, but after all 7 is my lucky number haha. So stay strong, and honestly, If I can do it so can you. Trust me :) 
  2. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    07 Nov 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi patricianneahr,

Congratulations on being smoke free for a whole month.  That is absolutely terrific, and you should be so proud of yourself!  WooHoo!

I found my first month to be extremely hard to get through.  But after that first month, things improved dramatically.  You will get cravings, so never let your guard down.  They will try to catch you in a moment of weakness, and you have to be prepared to fight really hard against temptation.  But the good news is that over time, you will get fewer and fewer cravings, and they will not last as long or be as strong.  Also, the longer you are smoke free, the fewer withdrawal symptoms you will experience which in turn, will help you to stay strong when those nasty urges hit you. 

Quitting is the most important thing you could do for yourself, patricia.  You are also setting a good example for your daughter.  Hang in there, because it is all worth it in the end.
  3. jenna lee, quit coach
    jenna lee, quit coach avatar
    265 posts
    28 Jun 2018
    07 Nov 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi patricianneahr,

Congratulations on being 1-mo smoke-free!!!

I am sure a lot of us can relate to stress being a trigger for smoking for sure. So happy you found a strategy that is working for you to cope!! Deep breathing when we smoke is part of the reason for the stress relief, so it is no surprise that pretending to smoke works. 

Thanks for your encouragement and advice,

Keep up the incredible work,

Jenna Lee
3 posts, 0 answered