Spring is Here!

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. nadia, quit coach
    nadia, quit coach avatar
    51 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    21 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    The temperatures outside may not feel like it but Spring is here!

It's an exciting time when we all emerge from under our covers to embrace what a new season has to offer and see how flowers unfold and life renews.
    Sunshine, spring cleaning, get together with friends, going for walks and so much more. 
    Whether you are smoke free or quitting, how do you plan on spending your time and staying smoke free while enjoying the warmth......

Enjoy your day! 

2. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    22 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi nadia,

It will be so great not to have to bundle up!  That is a treat in itself.  But to be honest, since I quit smoking 14 months ago, my life has changed so much, it's incredible.  Just walking down the street is better, because I breathe so much easier.  I know I no longer reek of smoke, so when I run into friends, I am no longer afraid to stop and talk to them, no matter how close together we stand.  I love the fact that I am no longer one of those people who huddle in a doorway by themselves so they can have a smoke.  I always found that so embarrassing, and I feel bad for people when I see them doing it now.

So I plan to do a lot of walking.  There are a few live productions I want to see, and I look forward to having dinner with my friends beforehand, knowing that I will not be forced to excuse myself from the table so I can go have my fix.  I know I probably sound like a broken record, but the freedom of being a non-smoker is incredible, and I am grateful for it every day!  It rocks to be a non-smoker!
  3. ocean
    ocean avatar
    286 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    22 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    For me it's about sunny and overcast days.  My March break saw no sun for days on end and I really suffered.  It's been sunny again for several days and my spirit is suddenly transformed again.  And it's the tail end of winter still, so just feeling the warmth on my face is so sensual and nourishing.  I dread the weeks of rain, so hopefully we won't have another extended cloudy period.  But I've said I'll go to the Malls if it rains for that extra artificial light they offer!
  4. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    31 Mar 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello All,

Treepeo- thank you for sharing your awesome benefits with us.  And walking will be wonderful.  Going out in the nice weather to take in productions and dinner with friends.  I am sure you can't wait.  

Ocean- I hear you about March break- BRRR cold.  Sun does so uplift the spirit.  Looking forward to hearing all about the sun from you to come.  

Have a great weekend and Spring to you both!

Marianne
4 posts, 0 answered