Feeling better

6 posts, 0 answered
  1. jerome
    jerome avatar
    2 posts
    06 Dec 2017
    04 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    I stopped smoking back in November I feel better and sleep all night now , I stopped before but went back for 2 years and this time I hope to stay stopped  if I just work on one day at a time not thinking months or years down the road , for you folks new at this it may help to know I have stopped about 4 times longest was 7 months but I let little things become a mountain and said to myself one won't hurt ..... not so , that one lead me to a 2 year battle to stop again
  2. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    04 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Jerome,

Glad to hear you are feeling better and sleeping through the night again.  That's a big one.

No matter what, we have to stick to NOPE - Not One Puff Ever.  If we stick to that, we will remain non-smokers.

Good for you for giving it another shot.  That's terrific.
  3. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    04 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello Jerome,

So good to get your sleep back!   Taking it one day at a time is wise.  And of course not giving to having even one as you say.  

Here is to another day down for you.  

Best Wishes,

Marianne
  4. autumn272
    autumn272 avatar
    3 posts
    06 Feb 2018
    06 Feb 2018 in reply to treepeo
    Link to this post
    Wow. That NOPE (not one puff ever) has to be my mantra. I have learned the hard way I can't have 1 puff without going back. I will remember that "NOPE"!
  5. ocean
    ocean avatar
    286 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    06 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Jerome,
    I've started my 4th week and I'm so glad you're feeling better.  I had a minor slip last week, and because I was a frequent relapser as well, I've got that fear big time.  I knew that if I smoked another cigarette, that I'd just be delaying yet another crave an hour later, and so on...  So I soaked them and threw them out and haven't entertained any more.  I think about it, still craving, but I don't act on it.  That's all I can do.  I'm so proud of you for getting this far, and hearing that it gets better.  I really need to hear it!
  6. sarah, quit coach
    sarah, quit coach avatar
    222 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    06 Feb 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello Ocean - a heartfelt congrats on being smoke- and slip! - free this week.
    We are all proud of you, too!
    Sarah
6 posts, 0 answered