YOUR WORTH IT !

10 posts, 0 answered
  1. ccwhale
    ccwhale avatar
    7 posts
    01 Dec 2017
    07 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    Let me start by saying that the following is about my own experience and not presented as a judgement of anyone else’s journey.
    Why did I smoke? Over twenty five years ago I was diagnosed with a “progressive and degenerative” genetic disorder which crippled me for years afterwards. It was a real shock to me because I had been very  healthy and health conscious before this happened. So to make a long story short, I got real depressed and decided what the heck, dead man walking anyway, might as well smoke! I also smoked THC for pain and sleep. Then came another diagnostic shock and a different challenge. This  reinforced the smoking. This reinforced the need or want to isolate myself further, and smoke! 
    Well guess what? By God’s good graces my illness subsided and my path became less burdened, but still, I smoked! 
    I smoked as a smoke screen between me and those who loved me, and whom I loved.
    I smoked because I was not worth of love, or life, and did not appreciate the gift that I had been given, and smoked out of spite.
    i smoked as a form of giving up, copping out, and just plain being a donkey by another name.
    i smoked because I did not forgive the God that put these challenges in front of me in the first place.
    Well just over a month ago, I stopped smoking. 
    I stopped because I AM WORTH IT! I am going to be vulnerable and accepting of those who love me.
    I has a choice to live this life without passively trying to kill myself at the same time.
    I forgive my god and see that overcoming these past challenges have made me stronger and allowed me to see the depth of strength I have to stay smoke free.
    I say all this because, all of us here have our story, and I am betting that a lot of our stories are similar. 
    I am also saying that YOU ARE WORTH IT! Change your mind and breath fresh air! 
    No matter how hard it seems, the journey with be worth it. Even if you seem to falter at first, there is no such thing as failure! You always successfully achieve an outcome. It may not be the one you planned on at first, but you will learn from that outcome to refocus and do I think again with your aim adjusted.
    quittinng smoking has been on my mind for years, but I didn’t set a quit date. I simply surrendered to the facts and the reality that smoking was me being selfish and self abusive and that was just not how I wanted to live anymore. Period. Full stop 🛑! 
    I know you have it in you, to do whatever it takes to be smoke free.
    My favorite mantra is “What would I do if I could?”.  This is in reference to me saying “I can’t quit”. “What would I do if I could?”.  Say it out load, say it to yourself, say it often. The answer will be self evident soon enough!
    Last modified on 07 Dec 2017 19:05 by ccwhale
  2. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    08 Dec 2017 in reply to ccwhale
    Link to this post
    Hi ccwhale,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.  I can relate to so much of what you said.

I will share one other thing I thought about before I quit.  I would be watching the news and I would see children who had some form of cancer and were fighting for their lives.  And I thought to myself, "These little angels are struggling so hard and so bravely, through no fault of their own, while I am choosing, YES CHOOSING, to kill myself by smoking."  And I cannot tell you the amount of guilt I felt.  I mean, any of these little ones would have gladly switched places with me to get away from their horrible diseases, but I just took my health for granted.  How horribly selfish of me.

I am glad that you have realized that you are indeed worth it, ccwhale.  Congratulations on your first month smoke free, and I wish you many, many more.
  3. lillian, quit coach
    lillian, quit coach avatar
    216 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    08 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    Hi,

I agree with Treepeo,the voice of experience and knowledge is invaluable ccwhale.  You've overcome and learned from so much.

Thank you both so much for sharing,
    Lillian

4. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    10 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    ccwhale

Dear, the dried tears, the pain in my chest, and the fear of what happened if I did not quit! Of course we are so Worth it! if not we wont be here!

But the change that you make 30 Day's ago!!!!!!!!!!!! was the best choice you did. Congratulations! a 1000 times

Also, we need to learn that all thinks are in front of us are not what we think it is! then when we have a problem with it, is too late, we have use for many years and many rezones that makes it almost impossible to get rid of it! We are so worth it! today I quit because I am so

worth it!

Please keep us posted how you fell, we like to learn from you!

We are in this all together

30 Day's smoke free!

Last modified on 10 Dec 2017 15:57 by brieffree
  5. jeyan
    jeyan avatar
    176 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    11 Dec 2017 in reply to ccwhale
    Link to this post

great decision ccwhale!! Wow 30 days already!!

6. ccwhale
    ccwhale avatar
    7 posts
    01 Dec 2017
    13 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    Thanks for the positive reinforcements everyone. I am still rocking the smoke free life. Had my teeth cleaned today as part of this process. 39 days and counting! One day at a time. Still using gum and mints and water but cutting down there too. 
    Here is hoping you all have a great smoke free day! Week! Month and year!
  7. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    13 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    WooHoo ccwhale, 39 days!  That's awesome!

Didn't it feel good getting your teeth cleaned, and knowing that there will be no more stains from smoking on them?  I just love that now.  And I no longer have to worry about having smoke breath, which I had all the time before.

You are doing so well, ccwhale.  Keep up the good fight.  You are going to feel better and better!
  8. sophia, quit coach
    sophia, quit coach avatar
    9 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    13 Dec 2017 in reply to treepeo
    Link to this post
    I second that Treepeo!  Have a wonderful smoke-free evening everyone :-)
  9. cassandra2310
    cassandra2310 avatar
    11 posts
    12 Dec 2017
    14 Dec 2017
    Link to this post
    Congratulations ccwhale!!! 

You are worth it :)
    Every day, every hour, every minute is a challenge won! Reward yourself every chance you get and celebrate those milestones :)
  10. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    14 Mar 2018 in reply to ccwhale
    Link to this post
    I really want to thank you again for the Post
10 posts, 0 answered