99 days smokefree

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. freedomchild
    freedomchild avatar
    80 posts
    18 Jan 2022
    03 Feb 2022
    Link to this post
    I'm proud of myself. This  hard but I managed, I still get urges now and then but not as often, Switched my morning coffee to decaf or herbal tea. Doing some exercises in the morning also. It helps. Trying to be good to myself, a lot of self talk. Saying i can do this, its not that bad, i can manage this. I also repeat NOPE Not One Puff Ever,   All my friends smoke, If it gets to much i just leave.  I plan on treating myself to something nice,  
  2. dublinguy
    dublinguy avatar
    349 posts
    09 Dec 2021
    03 Feb 2022 in reply to freedomchild
    Link to this post
    Hey freedomchild... look at you go.. 99 days is amazing. Tomorrow you'll be at 100. I'm a bit behind you on day 59 and I think this last week has been the toughest yet with the urges. But seeing posts like this tells me it is possible to hold on and win this battle. You didn't slip so why should I.

And yes.. a big reward is well in order. Congratulations :)
  3. mari_m
    mari_m avatar
    92 posts
    03 Jan 2019
    04 Feb 2022
    Link to this post
    Good for you Freedomchild, you are doing great! It sounds as if you are finding ways of detouring around obstacles that do pop up. I like the plan of treating yourself, as you deserve it! Way to go! For awhile I couldn't be around my smoking friends , and although it doesn't bother me much now, it is still in the back of my mind that I will not let myself go back...NOPE, sure comes in handy sometimes!
  4. treepeo1
    treepeo1 avatar
    255 posts
    06 Feb 2020
    04 Feb 2022 in reply to freedomchild
    Link to this post
    Hi freedomchild,

You are doing all the right things, so keep it up.  Self care is really important.  And don't let the fact that your friends still smoke deter you in any way. 

Lots of my family and friends still smoke.  When I was trying to quit five years ago, I remember that my sisters did nothing to encourage me.  I think that they secretly wanted me to fail, so that they could tell themselves that see, she couldn't do it so how could I?  Nevertheless, I persisted and had my 5th anniversary at the end of December.  And am I ever glad I quit.

I downloaded an app on my phone that keeps track of my stats.  If I hadn't quit when I did, I would have smoked over 46,500 cigarettes in the last five years.  Isn't that astounding?  It's no wonder I used to cough so much when I woke up every morning.  My poor lungs were being bombarded with poison.  Yuck.

Keep up with your exercises, and do treat yourself to something nice.  You deserve it!  You are rocking your quit!
  5. dublinguy
    dublinguy avatar
    349 posts
    09 Dec 2021
    15 Mar 2022
    Link to this post
    Hi Freedomchild.. Well here I am on day 99. Never did I think I would reach it but I have. you're 40 days ahead of me so you must be nearing 5 months at this stage. The freedom is great isn't it? The urges still appear now and then but nothing like what they used to be... they are manageable and the spray mist helps. I got the lozenges too but I prefer the spray cos the lozenges get a bit strong and I end up spitting them out.
    I hope you are still going strong. :)
5 posts, 0 answered