I really don’t want to smoke again

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. clepage
    clepage avatar
    251 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    23 Jan 2018
    Link to this post

In the past I have quit to satisfy someone else and because smoking was detrimental to my health.  However I found out that when I quit for any reason other than I no longer want to smoke, the struggle to smoke looms powerful.  I have almost 90 smoke free days and find it important to reflect on how far I’ve come.

I feel free  from my smoking past today, and it’s good to recount the advantages of not smoking.  My health is improving.  I have more energy and lung capacity.  My living space is cleaner at home and in my car.  I have more money.  I’m no longer self-conscious about finding a place to smoke in public.  Best of all, taking back my power rather than letting tobacco continue to rule my life has enhanced my self-worth immensely.

I really don’t want to smoke again, and I know I’m free today.

2. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    23 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Cleapage

That is the Power Confidence, feel free for 90 smoke free day's is amazing.

Be free for ever! Congratulations 
  3. ocean
    ocean avatar
    286 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    23 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    That's great to hear Clepage.  This one is totally for me too, not out of guilt nor to impress.  But you have 3 months, perhaps the hardest three months.  What did you use or do, what helped, what didn't go to plan?  I'd like to know, and congratulations!

Ocean
  4. clepage
    clepage avatar
    251 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    24 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Ocean,

In my journey I used the patch and lozenges.  I had a morning routine that after waking up, I would post on Smokers’ Helpline  a Pledge to remain smoke free all day; and I would post 2 or 3 Quotes.  I would then knit a patchwork blanket and go for walks weather permitted.
  5. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    24 Jan 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello Clepage,

So interesting that you picked up on that for yourself.    While we know there is power to in quitting for other reasons/people, quitting for you has different weight doesn't it?

Keep going strong- we congratulate you!  And so amazing to hear all the the positive outcome.  

Many more benefits to come!

Marianne
5 posts, 0 answered