DAY 1

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. franny
    franny avatar
    41 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    06 Aug 2018
    Link to this post
    Here I go again...  Although I've managed to kick various nasty habits from my life in the past, I really struggle with nicotine.  But I want to do this for my health.  Of course, saving money is also nice.  I will try to use my means and not cave to the cravings.  I will check into the website often and make sure I am staying on track.

Have a great day everyone!
  2. lillian, quit coach
    lillian, quit coach avatar
    216 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    06 Aug 2018 in reply to franny
    Link to this post
    Hi franny!
    Welcome to the community. You’ve found the right place for support.  It can be the help you need to achieve your goal.We are here for you.

keep posting!
    Lillian
  3. brieffree
    brieffree avatar
    1477 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    06 Aug 2018 in reply to lillian, quit coach
    Link to this post
    Hello Franny

Welcome to helpline, here you will find a lot good support to Quit for good!
    Feel free to post how you feel!
    I love your confidence.

Drink plenty water
    Distract yourself 
    Do something instead of thinking.

Good to have you!
  4. smitty
    smitty avatar
    98 posts
    12 Jul 2018
    06 Aug 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi franny, congratulations on your decision to quit, to me it doesn't matter how long you smoked, what you smoked, or how many times you have tried to quit, what does matter is what you are doing about it now, it looks like your off to a good start, we are all here for you, we are just like you, we have all been where you are,and don't worry yourself about getting it right the first time, we all slip from time to time, the point is, don't beat yourself for falling short, but if you do slip get back up and try again I went to my doctor and he put me in touch with a quit coach, she provided for me nicotine patches an spray to help with the cravings, it;s a free program for anyone wishing to quit, contact your family doctor if your interwsted, we are all rooting forr you
  5. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    06 Aug 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi Franny,

Good for you for trying again.  I agree with smitty.  The past doesn't matter, it's what you do today that counts.  Drink lots of water, breathe deeply, and distract yourself.  You can do this.  Believe in yourself.  You are definitely worth it!
5 posts, 0 answered