new here

2 posts, 0 answered
  1. freedomchild
    freedomchild avatar
    80 posts
    18 Jan 2022
    18 Jan 2022
    Link to this post
    I'm already 83 days smoke free. Just logged on for support. Everyone I know smokes.  Already breathing better. I stopped hacking. Just having problems getting to sleep. Drinking herbal tea at night. Deep breathing exercises as well.  Vivid dreams still happening.  I think I had 5 hours of sleep last night. I really want to quit. I tried over and over.  This time hoping is my last. 
  2. treepeo1
    treepeo1 avatar
    255 posts
    06 Feb 2020
    19 Jan 2022 in reply to freedomchild
    Link to this post
    Hi freedomchild,

Congrats on your 83 smoke free days - WooHoo!  Good for you!

Among other people, I used to hang out with two of my sisters who smoke.  When I quit, I had to change my relationship with them a bit, because they smoke indoors.  As a smoker, you get used to that, but once you quit, it's a whole different ballgame.  Now I will speak to them on the phone, or see them outdoors, but that's it.  I can no longer tolerate smoke.  It makes me feel ill.

I know it can be hard when the people you know all smoke.  But look at it this way.  You did something that so far they have been unable to do.  You quit.  And that is one heck of an accomplishment.  Be proud of your quit and stay strong.  Quitting is the best thing you could ever do for yourself.  
2 posts, 0 answered