Forums / Welcome / New Member

5 posts, 0 answered
  1. xoai
    xoai avatar
    1 posts
    02 Jan 2022
    02 Jan 2022
    Link to this post
    Quit today! Trying to register on this site almost made me start smoking again. Choosing a username was so frustrating. (this username already exists try a different one omg.... ugh)  The nicotine gum helped and going on the exercise bike for 15 mins. I put the patch on last night before going to bed and that helped ease the withdrawal for the morning smoke . I plan on crocheting granny squares for a blanket and reading a lot to keep my hands busy. I quit for 9 years and i know i can do this again
  2. emily, quit coach
    emily, quit coach avatar
    247 posts
    28 Nov 2017
    06 Jan 2022
    Link to this post
    Hi Xoai,

Congratulations on quitting smoking! 

We would like to offer our apologies that the signing up process was so difficult. We certainly don't want to make it frustrating for anyone.

It's great to see what a wonderful plan you have in place. You've clearly given this a lot of thought and have many great strategies to turn to when having cravings. 

I look forward to reading more about your journey. 
    Emily 
  3. treepeo1
    treepeo1 avatar
    255 posts
    06 Feb 2020
    06 Jan 2022 in reply to xoai
    Link to this post
    Hi xoai,

Welcome to our community!

It's great that you have decided to quit smoking again.  Keeping busy is important.  I found that doing things to distract myself was really helpful  It's also wonderful that you are using an exercise bike.  It will be interesting to see at what point you realize that you are starting to breathe easier.  That is also really motivating.

As you said, you have done it before and you can do it again.  And this is a perfect time to quit, especially given covid and all.  Your heart and lungs are going to be so happy, and they will reward you by putting a pep in your step!

Hang in there.  I am rooting for you!
  4. dublinguy
    dublinguy avatar
    349 posts
    09 Dec 2021
    10 Jan 2022
    Link to this post
    Welcome to the group... its so helpful reading through what others are experiencing. Equip yourself with all the necessary tools and build the quit muscles to face the battle that lies ahead. Quitting smoking is the best decision you can make for yourself. 
  5. nellsbells
    nellsbells avatar
    1 posts
    09 Jan 2022
    18 Jan 2022 in reply to xoai
    Link to this post
    Hi there!

I quit TODAY!
    I read you are planning to crochet granny squares to keep busy….
    I’m a crocheter too!

You gave me a great idea…you know the temperature blankets everyone likes to start in the New Year?
    Well, today I’m going to start on a “quit-smoking” blanket!
    I’m going to continue to do my regular crochet projects, but when I get then urge to smoke, I’m gonna pick up my hook and start a new square and keep going till the urge passes.  Also, I want to commit to crocheting one square a day, regardless - a visual representation of each day I’ve stopped smoking!
    I love this idea!
    I think it’s quite brilliant! 🤣🤣🤣

This is my first post to this forum and I plan to keep browsing daily and reply when I feel the person’s post hit the spot!
    Your post, “xoai”, hit the spot!
    Thank you so kindly for giving me the inspiration!

Now, heading over to my stash of yarn, planning my new “”quit today”, count the days blanket”, and looking at each square grow 
5 posts, 0 answered