New to group

4 posts, 0 answered
  1. dvmp
    dvmp avatar
    1 posts
    08 Apr 2018
    08 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello all, I am excited and scared to start this program and process of quitting smoking but very determined,
  2. marianne, quit coach
    marianne, quit coach avatar
    278 posts
    30 Nov 2017
    08 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    Hello dvmp,

Welcome to our community!  Your mixed feelings to begin this program and quit smoking have been shared by many people.  The fact that you are determined will enable you get past the fear.  Take your time going through the activities as this will strengthen you as build your skills.  And getting support from your peers here will give you confidence. 

Anything you want to share re: your quit plan and any barriers you are feeling?  Please feel comfortable to share as we want to support you in any way we can.  

Congratulations for taking this step and having the courage to make this important lifestyle change and to tell us about it.  

Wishing you all the very best ahead and looking forward to hearing from you more.  

You can certainly do this, believing in you and your commitment!

Marianne

Last modified on 08 Apr 2018 20:39 by marianne, quit coach
  3. treepeo
    treepeo avatar
    832 posts
    29 Nov 2017
    09 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    Hi dvmp,

I know it can be scary to quit.  Just even thinking about quitting used to make me break out into a cold sweat!  But you can do this, especially because you are so determined to do it.  Are you planning to use any NRTs, or are you going to go cold turkey?  Whatever you decide, remember to drink lots of water, because it will help you get rid of the toxins in your body.  And try to distract yourself, especially with things you like to do.  And post here often, because we are all here to help each other through the process.
  4. eagerquit
    eagerquit avatar
    415 posts
    07 Mar 2018
    09 Apr 2018
    Link to this post
    Welcome dvmp,

You have come to the right place. I have found these forums very helpful on my own quit journey. I am now just over a month smoke free and felt the same way as you at the start.

Wishing you every success,

Eagerquit

4 posts, 0 answered