Any healthcare provider practicing in Ontario can refer their clients to Smokers’ Helpline using our online referral form (see below) or by fax at 1 877 513-5334 using a Quit Connection referral form. Minimal contact intervention is quick, easy and effective and Smokers’ Helpline will do the rest.
When making a Quit Connection referral, many clinicians will follow the 3 A's:
- Ask about tobacco use at every visit.
- Advise your client to quit.
- Arrange for additional support by directly referring to Smokers' Helpline
Tips for making successful referrals:
- Make a cessation intervention a systematic part of your care
- Keep Quit Connection online referral form bookmarked or printed forms accessible and fully stocked
- Photocopy the form with your contact information already filled out
- Contact Smokers’ Helpline for promotional materials and support tools
- Once submitted, file the referral form with your client’s chart
Quit Connection Referral Forms
Download the appropriate referral form for your province below and send it to us.